Friday, August 13, 2010

A beautiful rejection.


"I tell writers to keep reading, reading, reading. Read widely and deeply. And I tell them not to give up even after getting rejection letters. And only write what you love."



Dear Kieren,

Thank you so much for sending me excerpts from your book proposal.  While I enjoyed reading what you sent, I think this would be better suited for someone who handled more spiritual books as that is such a strong angle of your memoir.  You are a beautiful writer, but in the end, I just did not feel this book was right for me.

I’m sorry to not have a better answer for you, but I wish you the best of luck in finding a home for your book.

All the best,
Miriam
Miriam Altshuler

... Yes, my little blades, I shall keep writing what I love!

And I am reading more and more again, which feels absolutely divine!!! Shout out to Barnard :)

And please know, I send you all Love... Always...

No comments:

Post a Comment