Monday, August 2, 2010

Bertrand & I.

"I believe in using words, not fists. I believe in my outrage knowing people are living in boxes on the street. I believe in honesty. I believe in a good time. I believe in good food. I believe in sex." 
Bertrand Russell 





I've been thinking a lot about honesty lately, my little blades... And I am re-learning that though the truth is not always as sexy as we want to be, it is heard and people respond to the truth. They are disarmed, they reach back out, if ego is subtracted from the equation and we speak honestly and from our hearts -- we are heard.



I wholeheartedly agree with Bertrand. Everything he said. He is actually like the great grandfather of my stepmom, I believe.... But -- his honesty liberates me. I believe that all honesty does, Even if we do not agree, we respect those who have the courage to tell the truth. Just look what honesty has done for the careers of Howard Stern and Simon Cowell. What honesty has done for Madonna. John Lennon. The people whom we admire have had the courage to be themselves. And that is honesty right there.


The same things goes for acting -- when we "act" if we are honest, we are heard. People will empathize with us, watch us, feel they can relates to us, enjoy us... Feel less alone when watching us...


And thus, I am reminding myself to be honest. Even when I am uncomfortable, even when I am unsure of the outcome, even when the truth makes me feel small, actually having the courage to be honest makes giants of us all...


And on that note, a tune from Billy Joel... I was going to write "BJ" but then, I thought... there just might be some little blades out there with dirty minds... :)


I send you all love and before you speak or write tomorrow, breathe and check in with yourself, and make sure that you are being honest.


Love... Always...





p.s. Tomorrow, I am doing 10 things on my list. To go above and beyond. Because I am burning to work. In NYC. Honestly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment